Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Forest in my Belly

When I was in 1st grade and learning about plants, I decided to take matters into my own hands. So I learned that plants grow when you have dirt, seeds, water and sunlight. This is agreed upon universally. I grew up in a place with little dirt or sunlight so I thought that I would do it myself. I bought some dirt and seeds. Then I opened my science book.

The first sentence of the "How To Grow Your Own Plants!" section was: Get some dirt and seeds. Check. The second sentence was "Put the seeds in the dirt." Hmm...I decided to eat the dirt and subsequently eat the seeds. OK Check. The third sentence was "Now water the dirt." I went to the sink, filled up my Bebop and Rocksteady cup and drank it. That's all it said.

I thought I was a genius. In a matter of days I would be growing a forest in my belly. Turns out I was wrong. I forgot the sunlight.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment