Thursday, May 14, 2009

Really Rubbery

I have a serious dilemma on my hands. I have a pair of Converse All Stars - black and white. Real slick, real trendy. I enjoy wearing them...it makes me feel like I'm Ben Folds or the guy from Weezer or Pee Wee Herman.

What's the dilemma? They smell like rubber. I mean rubber rubber. Really rubbery. When I'm not wearing them, I have to wrap them in a plastic Kohls bag and stuff it in the back of my closet by the bike I never ride.

It's a hard decision to make. Do I throw them away and rid myself and my apartment of the rubber factory stink or be cool? I was taught as a young boy to always put looking awesome over anything else. When I was 6 I got a tattoo of Michael Jackson on my back. When I was 12 I got a tattoo of Donnie Wahlberg on my chest.

Yeah, I think I'll throw away the shoes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. By wrapping them in plastic and stuffing them away you are actually preserving the rubbery smell. Try putting them outside on a fresh spring day or maybe walking through a swamp and then soaking them in a mild bleach solution (to remove the swamp smell). Personally I love the smell of new rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...you sure do know a lot about rubber. Who is this, may I ask, oh wise rubber one?

    ReplyDelete