Friday, May 15, 2009

The President at Notre Dame

I'm about to head to Notre Dame for their graduation ceremonies. In case you haven't read the news in the past week, President Obama is speaking. But that's hardly the most newsworthy part of this weekend. There are lots and lots and lots of protesters. They claim that President Obama is anti-Catholic because of his stance on abortion. All politics aside, I have a plan. Here's how it's going to go...

Me: What do you want from me?
Protester: I want you to join the boycott of President Obama
Me: Why?
Protester: He is pro-choice.
Me: But this is graduation, not a pro-abortion rally. Shouldn't we be celebrating the graduates?
Protester: Yeah, but by bringing him here, Notre Dame is agreeing with his policies. And that makes me upset as an American.
Me: Well, I'm going to hear the President of the United States while you stare at pictures of dead unborn people. Have fun with that.
Protester: K, Bye.
Me: Bye.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment