Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Playing Basketball

I enjoy playing basketball, everyone knows that. I was the starting point guard on the Munster High School state championship team. Ever since I moved to Chicago, I enjoy going down to Lincoln Park and shooting some hoops. Last night, though it was cold, I decided to get my game on. I went to LP and I was the only one on the courts. I was warming up, knocking down threes, when a very large man came up to me.
Large man - "Sup."
Me- "Yeah, what's up?"
Large man - "Wanna ball?"
Me - "You are a very large man."
Large man - "obvi."
Me- "OK, Yeah, let's play"

Now I am a big guy, but this dude was freakin enormous. He smoked me. He won 11-2. I mean I just couldn't compete with this fella. When we were done playing and my lungs burned from playing defense and the sub-zero temperatures, I asked him what his name was, I only wanted to be polite.

Me - "what's your name?"
Large man - "Larry"
Me - "Does Larry have a last name?"
Large man - "Bird"
Me - "Larry Bird? What kind of name is that?"
Large man - "I'm from Indiana"
Me - "So am I!!!"

I'm only kidding. That never happened.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I got really excited about this story as I read. And then got to the end...and realized that it never happened.

    ReplyDelete