Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Office Troubles

I get nervous a lot. Sometimes my nervousness is reasonable. Sometimes it's not. So yesterday at work I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business when one of my secretaries (yes I have more than one. I'm a P.I.M.P) came over to me and said, "Mr. Culberg, someone's here to see you."

Naturally, I got nervous. Who could it be? My boss? Michael Jordan? Edward Norton? It could be anyone! I gathered myself and calmly said, "send them in."

The big, mahogany doors to my office opened and in stepped a small child. He approached my desk and said, "Hi Dad, it's me, Phil." "Uh, Hi, Phil," I said. Then there was silence. Phil and I starred at each other for what seemed like hours. I was getting more nervous as time wore on. Finally I said, "What do you want, Phil? What the hell are you doing? Who are you?" Phil's eyes started to water. "Don't you know me? You don't recognize me, Dad?" "No, I don't." Phil then took a step back, looked at my name plate and said, "Oh shit, wrong office."

I'm only kidding, that never happened.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I like this. It reminded me of Elf. You're like the man blog version of Judy Grimes.

    ReplyDelete