Friday, June 5, 2009

Improbable Conversations #1

My girlfriend had an amazing idea for a new blog post that can be turned into a blog series. I thought I'd try it out today. It's called "Improbable Conversations." What happens is two celebrities come together and have a conversation. I merely transcribe. I have an extensive database of celebrity (both dead and alive) phone numbers, so what I do is I call one of them up, put them on hold, and then call the other one. They chat, I write. The first one was last night...

Barack Obama: Good evening.
Britney Spears: Hi there! This is such an honor! Oh my god!
Obama: Well the honor is all mine, Britney. How are you doing?
Britney: Well, I've been chillin, recording some songs, do your daughters listen to my music?
Obama: No. They're big fans of the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.
Britney: Oh.
Obama: I heard that song, If You Seek Amy. I won't let my kids listen to that. There is a certain audience for that kind of music, and it's not my children. I'm sorry.
Britney: Whatever man, like you know anything.
Obama: Now Britney, I have a question for you, are you drunk?
Britney: Are YOU drunk? You're like asking me all these weird questions. This sucks. I'm out.
Obama: Hello? Are you here? I think she hung up on me. Gabe? Are you there?
Gabe: Yes, Mr. President I'm here. Yes, she hung up. My apologies. Thanks for your time.
Obama: No problem. Thanks for this opportunity.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment: