Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Final Four Series: Part One

Last Thursday my friend Machy and I ventured to Michigan for the Final Four. I have a friend, Josh, who lives in Ann Arbor - about an hour outside of Detroit, the site of the tournament. Josh is in college. He had planned for us to go to his friend's house for a party that night. The party was called the "Pre Hash Bash Bash." Needless to say, Machy and I were psyched. We've been out of college for a handful of years now and we were both itching for a college party.

We get to the party and the host of the PHBB - this kid Rikki - is your stereotypical college kid. Glazed eyes, full heart, and drunk as a skunk. What's not so typical about Rikki is that he's an astrophysicist. I kid you not. This kid has space posters all over his house. Josh tells me that Rikki will probably make millions of dollars one day from the U.S. government from his astrophysicist hypothesis or whatever. I had to find out for myself.

I went up to Rikki and said, "What's up Rikki, I'm Gabe, Josh's friend." "Heeeeeeey mannnn what's crackin, yo?" said Rikki. "What are you studying?" "Space Aerodynamics and Astrophysics." "No shit? So like what exactly are you working on?" I asked. "Satellites," he said. "So you're going to send satellites into space?" Rikki puts his hand on my shoulder and says, "No brah, I AM putting satellites into space...small satellites."

God Bless America. Stay tuned for part two of the Final Four Series.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment